Brittish Soccer Summer Camp
Updated Wednesday January 25, 2017 by Ryan Feeney.
Our most popular summer camp is coming back for Summer 2017. The British Soccer Camps, put on by Challenger Sports, will be returning to Mariner Fields from June 26th - June 30th. You may sign your child up for half or full day sessions. To register please visit https://challenger.configio.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?com=detailview&iid=136241 or look below for more information on this exciting soccer camp.
The early mastery of technical skills is one of the most important elements in the development of youth soccer players. Challenger’s NEW 1,000 Touches Curriculum has been created to address the key areas of technical development that have the biggest impact on their performance in the game.
Challenger’s New 1,000 Touches Curriculum will provide high levels of repetition of the most valuable and frequently used soccer skills and as the title suggests, it will give each player over 1,000 points of contact with the ball in each 3 hour daily camp.
TECHNIQUES COVERED THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
Each day, the coaches will take the players through a progressive series of skill building practices from unopposed, to opposed, game related and finally into a game.
- Soccer ABC – Players will improve their Agility, Balance and Coordination.
- Dribbling – improve the ability to change direction and move at speed.
- Moves – master more than 20 different ways to turn and fake opponents.
- Passing – improve accuracy, pace and 1st touch control.
- Shooting – improve power and placement with each foot.
- Heading – learn how to safely and confidently head the ball.
- Tackling/Defending – improve your tackling skills and learn how to defend.
- Freestyle – daily program of juggling, lifts and balances by John Farnworth.